Cuba Tarpon Setup
These suggestions are for the Angler looking for a basic idea of what to bring on this trip. If you would like our in-depth and concise checklist, you can request it HERE. We have good news—the largest selection of gear on the planet.
Our knowledgeable and friendly staff are here to help you.
Below are direct links to the products we recommend for this trip, and here are the specific items we suggest you bring based on our experience:
- Setup #1 (Best):
- Rod: G Loomis Asquith Fly Rod - 9’ 11wt
- Reel: Seigler XBF Fly Reel
- Line: Rio Tarpon Clear Tip - 11wt
- Setup #2 (Better):
- Rod: Sage Maverick Fly Rod - 9’ 11wt
- Reel: Nautilus CCF-X2 - 10/12wt
- Line: Rio Tarpon Clear Tip Fly Line - 11wt
- Setup #3 (Good):
- Rod: Echo Boost Blue Fly Rod - 9’ 11wt
- Reel: Redington Grande Fly Reel - 11/12/13
- Line: Scientific Anglers Amplitude Grand Slam Fly Line - 11wt